OUTSIDE SALES HUNTERS WANTED! $100K+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Happy with your 2016 W2’s? Our top sales reps made over $100K last year! Waste Management is the industry leader and we are seeing record growth and need to expand our outside salesforce to help us capture our share of the market opportunity. We have the best tools, resources, training, and compensation plan in the services industry.
In 2016, Waste Management was ranked # 23 in Selling Power magazine among the 50 best companies to sell for in the United States.
Over 75% of the reps we hire come from outside the industry and have diverse backgrounds in prospecting, negotiating and selling contract services. We are looking for more reps with a competitive drive, who can hunt and network to build a strong pipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business. When you sell at Waste Management and hit your sales goals, you are rewarded with our lucrative commission plan, recognition incentives and awards. Our best reps just returned from a weeklong Circle of Excellence cruise in the Caribbean!
If you like what you have heard so far, learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a winning team below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Match Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Using in‑depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
- Experience: 3-years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: combined office setting and field-based outside sales management (approx. 40% of time in office setting / 60% of time in outside sales setting)
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Working for Waste Management, you will be working for a company recognized by Selling Power as a Top 50 Best Company to sell for. Waste Management has also been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, and has earned awards for seven consecutive years with dedication to ethical business practices and sustainability
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America.
If you are passionate about helping others succeed and you are seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
Type of CompensationFull Time - Salaried
ExperienceAt Least 3 Years
Education RequirementBachelor Degree