Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Responds same day to controllable and uncontrollable customer cancellation requests assigned to the Inside Sales Channel. Through the development and implementation of sound retention strategies and the use of effective negotiation skills minimizes the impact of cancellation request and rate rollbacks. Secures updated contract agreements from customers. Coordinates and supports flip process to Outside Save Specialist or Account Manager to assure optimal customer retention. Support immediate supervisor or manager by performing additional duties associated with supporting, training and coaching others within the group and helping coordinate the flow of work to meet department objectives.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- “Saves, secures, and converts” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments using sound telephone based negotiation practices.
- Resolves escalations for customer service within the defined territory.
- Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current Waste Management customers.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests and providing immediate flip on accounts unable to be saved over the phone.
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability while minimizing price rollbacks.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste
- Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
- Coaches and trains Save Specialists in the group to help them and the group meet defined objectives. Helps identify development opportunities for individuals in the group and ensures adherence to the RESPOND methodology. Documents individual performance in the Sales Coaching Log.
- Monitors the retention queue to ensure agent availability and manager wrap time.
- Trains all members of the department on the use digital tools such as MAS, AMP. “salesforce.com”, knowledge base, MapPoint, and others as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no direct supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: One year of relevant work experience in account retention/management (in addition to education).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Think Strategically
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
- Manipulation of Computer applications while managing live calls with customers.
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Use Ethical Practices
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”
ExperienceAt Least 1 Year
Education RequirementHigh School Diploma