The cyber network defender performs specialized computer network defense duties, including infrastructure support, incident response, auditing and managing. The cyber network defender also protects against and detects unauthorized activity in the cyberspace domain and uses a variety of tools to analyze and respond to attacks.
- Tests, implements and deploys infrastructure hardware and software
- Responds to crisis or urgent situations within the network to mitigate immediate and potential cyber threats
- Uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats
- Provides detailed analysis reports as necessary
- Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches as needed.
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities
In order to qualify as a cyber network defender, the successful candidate must have:
- An SSG, MOS immaterial, with at least four years of experience in IA and IT. This experience must be verified by the personnel development officer
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Contact your recruiter for additional requirements
Job training for 25D Cyber Network Defender is conducted under the auspices of the USA Signal School at Fort Gordon, GA. Contact your commanding officer for inquiries regarding waivers.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Conducting defensive cyberspace operations
- Conducting offensive cyberspace operations
- Analyzing information
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physical and mental fitness to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capability to bear numerous responsibilities
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
General Technical (GT) : 105, Skilled Technical (ST) : 105
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
EARN CASH FOR IN DEMAND JOBS
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Type of CompensationFull Time - Salaried
ExperienceAt Least 4 Years