The combat medic specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
- Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties
- Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment
- Instruct Soldier’s on Combat Lifesaver/First Responder training course
- Manage Soldier’s medical readiness, medical supplies and equipment
Job training for a combat medic specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Patient-care techniques
- Emergency medical techniques
- Advanced medical care
- Plaster-casting techniques
- Enjoy helping and caring for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, psychology, general science and algebra
- High attention to detail
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
EARN CASH FOR IN DEMAND JOBS
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Education RequirementHigh School Diploma